Saturday Sprinkles is a weekly highlight of interesting and useful finds:
- Vimeo featured a gorgeous short love film comprised of 4500+ still images. Very endearing!
- Some bizarre, but truthful tips on ways to survive a recession with an empty wallet. They discuss diet changes like putting an egg in your ramen and cutting that Caramel Macchiato.
- Exactitudes (from “exact” and “attitude”) is an interesting photography project which snaps images of individuals in similar poses and dress to observe thier attempts to distinguish themselves from others.
- Some very interesting tests for different aspects of your mind! There’s a test for reading faces, which, afterward gives you some statistics and information on facial expressions. According to this, sticking your tongue out while concentrating could be an unconscious signal to others to just leave you alone! There’s also one testing your reliability as a witness! How did you do?
- Stephen Wiltshire from London is an autistic savant who sketched an aerial view of Rome after one helicopter ride. See and read more at his website. Phenomenal.
Just a few weekly interesting things you should glimpse at:
- The Immersion Project – A film project that captures the faces of kids as they play violent video games. It’s just interesting.
- Daily Motivation posts a small motivational message touching on thousands of topics in life every Monday through Saturday.
- Being a young opportunist, I really liked this list of 70 Things to Do Before Having Children. Of course, most of these can be done with children, but I always liked the idea of spending time with my loved one before having children.
- Lastly, I really liked this one. Cover art that has been reused in different novels. I actually didn’t know they could do that! I like seeing the differences in editing to make the cover individualistic.
For those who seem to have “run out of internet” or maybe just those who don’t have time to scour the web for little trinkets and memorable gems, I want to post a weekly “highlight reel” of sorts (every Saturday) just listing some interesting and beautiful things I have stumbled upon. I did say the blog would be sprinkled with little things here and there, so here is your first Saturday dessert!
- Newsmap is a very nifty, and colorful treemap visualisation of recent news. If you’re more of a visual thinker or dread reading huge blocks of text in your routine news websites, give newsmap a try. It’s now one of my daily visits!
- Julia Breckenreid is a talented, professional illustrator who has her work featured in magazines, books, posters and more. I’ve used many of her pieces as wallpaper for my desktop or even cell phone backgrounds! My kind of stuff.
- For you LiveJournal users, the community The Indie Exchange is a large, ever-growing vault of user-uploaded indie albums and more. Popular and unpopular! I found this was really handy in looking for new music. Feel free to search through what has already been posted, discover new bands, or even contribute by uploading your own stuff. It’s member’s only, but joining is simple as pie.
- Here’s a user-made music video of actress Audrey Tautou in the movie À la folie… pas du tout (“He Loves Me… He Loves Me Not”) with the song “Have You Forgotten” by The Red House Painters. So many of my favorite things rolled into one – how could I not post this? Watch the movie, look into the band, learn about Audrey Tautou. They’re all worth it, I promise!
- Lastly, Giveaway of the Day is exactly what it sounds like! Download free licensed software daily. Wondering if this is fair and legal? No worries, check out their about page to get the 411 on their “win-win” situation for both publishers and clients.
That’s it for Deliciae’s very first Saturday Sprinkles post. Every Saturday I promise my readers a list -more or less- of varied links and media just like this one!
Have a delightful weekend and don’t forget to relax.